[fetchmail]LOG_XXX

2001-09-16 15:50:58

I wrote the following in the manpage:

       The  --syslog  option  (keyword: set syslog) allows you to
       redirect status and error messages  emitted  to  the  sys-
       log(3)  system  daemon  if available.  Messages are logged
       with an id of fetchmail, the facility LOG_MAIL, and prior-
       ities  LOG_ERR,  LOG_ALERT  or  LOG_INFO.   This option is

Unfortunately I don't know something about LOG_XXX so I started the search
in the manpage, in the documentation, on the website in the FAQ and in
dejanews.

More unfortunately I did't find anything.

So, what I want is, that in the $SYSLOG will be written that there is mail
FROM and TO whom.

I realized that this may be important because in my logfile from procmail
only FROM root is reading (procmail is used by fetchmail is started from
cron.)
And because of an error in .procmailrc I am missing some mails now. This
wouldn't be that fatal if I would not have only the Subjects but also the
real FROM.

Thats why I found LOG_XXX and now I search what it is meaning or better
what it contains and how ...

thanks,
thorsten

--
Thorsten Wandersmann     Phone:  +49-911-8172249
Bonhoefferstr. 79        Mobile: +49-179-6670562