Re: [fetchmail]bugreport fetchmail+plugins

2001-09-24 10:18:19
Patrick McHardy <kaber(_at_)trash(_dot_)net>:
Hi!
I think i've found a bug in fetchmail. When using plugins, fetchmail
doesn't seem to be calling wait so the plugin ends up as a zombie.
I use ssh to log in to the server and execute imapd, as also mentioned
in the manpage. After each poll, ssh gets zombied. I've added
waitpid(...)
to SockOpen (adding to SockClose showed no effect) and the zombies
disapear the
next time a poll is started. I saw that there is an SIG_CHLD handler,
but
it doesn't seem to get called.

If you want to send a waitpid patch, I'll consider it.
--

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes
without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an