Re: [fetchmail]Mail notifications

2001-10-03 04:21:43
Quoting from Jonathan Kelly's mail on Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 12:45:43PM +1000:
can someone tell me what in the fetchmail/sendmail/procmail round-about is
blatting the

"New mail for jon(_at_)jonathan has arrived:" all over very tty I'm logged
into,
and can I turn it OFF!?!

1) Put "COMSAT=no" at the beginning of $HOME/.procmailrc.

OR

2) Try "biff n" after login. If it works, put it in your
$HOME/.profile or $HOME/.login or whatever is your login startup file.

OR

3) Disable the comsat daemon. it is normally started from inet, so you
may have to edit /etc/inetd.conf and restart inet.

It is procmail informing the comsat daemon which writes to your tty.

Sunil Shetye.