[fetchmail]POP3 connection to some.pop3.com failed: Operation timed out

2001-10-13 01:00:29
I've joined the list :)

Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't seem to get to first base.
I've tried three different pop servers now, and a number of .fetchmailrc
files, but to no avail.  In all cases, I get:

% fetchmail -v
fetchmail: 5.8.14 querying some.pop3.com (protocol POP3) at Sat, 13 Oct 2001 1
5:47:53 +0900 (JST)
POP3 connection to some.pop3.com failed: Operation timed out
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2

OS is NetBSD1.4.3.  I configured with the --with-socks5 option, although
previously I tried it without, but with the same result.  I am behind an
ipfilter/NAT firewall, but it's the same even with "pass in/out to all
from all."

Anyone have ideas where I need to look to get fetchmail working?  TIA.

henry nelson