[fetchmail]Question about the usage of ETRN mode

2001-10-15 06:43:00
Hi,
I was reading the fetchmail MAN pages. I couldn't understand the usage of ETRN mode, I mean advantages? It says "The ETRN mode allows you to ask a compliant ESMTP server to immediately open a sender-SMTP connection to your client machine and begin forwarding ...." Is it meaningful if we retrieve messages from one (or more) mail server and forward them to other client machines (using -smtphost)and not hold on the machine running fetchmail??? If anyone can tell me the usage of this option more clearly than the MAN pages (maybe a sample will help) I will be very pleased?
Thanks
Ferda Ozdemir