[fetchmail]Re: fetchmail problem in delivering to MTA

2001-11-06 09:50:53
Mainuddin Chowdhury writes:

We have setup an Intranet Server (Intra1) where our mail server is running. It is connected with at gateway machine where our fetchmail is running in demon mode. We have a registered domain name with a local ISP and all mails to this domain are stored in a POP account at the server of ISP. We require to down load all the mails from that account and distribute them to recepient accounts at Intranet Sever. But when we run the fetchmail it down loads all the mails to root account at Intranet Server. .fetchmailrc file contains poll mail.bdonline.com proto pop3 user citech passwork cii2t3 smtphost Intra1 To check how it works, at command prompt we have used following command fetchmail -a -v -v -k
You need to use fetchmail in "multidrop" mode if you want it to split mail from a single POP3 mailbox to multiple local accounts. (The normal action is to collect mail from a single remote mailbox to give to the currently logged in user - which would often be root if fetchmail is started by an init script). The FAQ contains extensive advice on how to go about this.
--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (home)