Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail 5.9.4 core dumps on OpenBSD

2001-11-08 10:51:41
Thomas Zajic <zlatko(_at_)gmx(_dot_)at>:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 01:38:16PM +0800, Laurence Moore wrote:

I have attempted to use fetchmail-5.9.4 on OpenBSD 2.7 & 2.9 on the i386
platform and have encountered the situation whereby fetchmail core dumps
just after reading the .fetchids file. The compilers are gcc and are
versions 2.95.2 19991024 and 2.95.3 20010125 respectivly and was built
with make and gmake.

Same here. *Exactly* the same symptoms, *exactly* the same "requirements"
to make it happen. 5.9.2 is the last version that works properly for me,
5.9.3 had the same problem. Seems to be related to the patch that makes
fetchmail use queryname in UID files. Some initial debugging shows that
queryname doesn't get initialized, so that ctl->server.queryname == (null),
which causes a core dump in the strcasecmp statement in uid.c, line 175.

I believe I've fixed this in 5.9.5 by making sure that the queryname field
gets initialized even when the server is not active.
--

[President Clinton] boasts about 186,000 people denied firearms under
the Brady Law rules.  The Brady Law has been in force for three years.  In