Re: [fetchmail]occasional glitch using `%F' in an mda string

2001-12-13 02:35:13
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Doug Porter wrote:
That happens because `-d' ends up being the argument to `-f' and
the `%T' (`dsp' in this case) was thought to be the name of the
procmailrc to use.

The solution I propose is to use a single dash (-) to replace
`%F' in the cases where the envelope-from address is unknown.
This works well with procmail, but I am not sure how other
potential MDAs will like it.  Here is a proposed and untested
patch:

The real fix to this would be for fetchmail to expand null % placeholders as
a null parameter (akin to saying 'foo -t "" -d' in shell.  Or to quote
potentially null % placeholders like in 'foo -t "%T"', if that is possible
in fetchmail (it is too early and I am too sleepy to check that right now).

  Henrique Holschuh