Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail: Sender domain must resolve

2001-12-22 04:29:53
From: "Mohler, Bruce" <Bruce_Mohler(_at_)intuit(_dot_)com>
I really like fetchmail, but I'm having a problem that I can't figure
out how to get around.

When I try to retrieve messages from my @home.com account, the first
message is retrieved and when it tries to deliver it to sendmail,
sendmail complains:

SMTP> MAIL FROM:<mlsxhp(_at_)citiz(_dot_)net> SIZE=1561
fetchmail: SMTP< 451 <mlsxhp(_at_)citiz(_dot_)net>... Sender domain must resolve
fetchmail: SMTP error: 451 <mlsxhp(_at_)citiz(_dot_)net>... Sender domain must
resolve

And as it says, it's a SENDMAIL issue, not fetchmail. Sendmail is saying that it can't resolve "citiz.net", so I'd guess your DNS may be broken.

Failing that, read cf/README in sendmail. You can tell it to accept unresolvable domains (**CAUTION** This may open you up to a world of spam).

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: