Re: [fetchmail]schedule on fetchmail

2001-12-23 12:07:11
At 05:05 PM 12/20/01 , Lonson wrote:

Each time .. i have to change the fetchmail time manually.

How can I create a fetchmail in schedule ...example :---

Fetchmail will download all my POP3 account every 1600 in office hour and
after office hour will be 3600.

At first glance, I'd set up two cron jobs for each time period, one to stop any running daemon, the other to start it. Assuming office hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and using the same fetchmail configuration file, the crontab
entries would look like this:

0 9 * * 2-6 killall fetchmail
0 9 * * 2-6 fetchmail -d 1600

0 17 * * 2-6 killall fetchmail
0 17 * * 2-6 fetchmail -d 3600

Of course, adjust the hours and days according to your needs. If you use a different configuration for after hours use, try the -f <configfile> option, and if you hate noisy
email output from cron, append '>> /dev/null &2>1' to the start command to
redirect the output.

Jeff

Jeffrey B. Green                Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com              Networking Las Vegas Since 1986