Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail hanging

2001-12-27 17:26:38
Hello everybody,
I believe it was working before on that server. Also it is able to fetch mail
thru other servers using POP3 over SSL.
Still, even if it is a server problem, fetchmail shouldn't hang. Ideally
timeout should care of it.
I think timeout is cleared after fetchmail returns from SockOpen( ) function.
Before calling SSLopen() function, it
calls set_timeout(0).

Regards
Rohit

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com>
To: "Rohit Kumar" <rohitk(_at_)whitepj(_dot_)com>
Cc: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail hanging

Rohit Kumar <rohitk(_at_)whitepj(_dot_)com>:
We are using fetchmail 5.9.0 on HP-UX 11.0 . We are having problem
in using fetchmail in SSL over POP3 mode.  On investigation we found
that fetchmail hangs on SSL_connect() function. It is quite possible
that problem might be on the server side.

I';ll be more interested in pursuing this once you have determined whether
or not a server-side problem is involved.  You might be able to test this
by trying fetchail against a duifferent SSL-equipped server.

I think it would be a good idea to set some kind of timeout before
calling SSL_connect() function in the fetchmail.

There already is a timeout, defaulting to 300 seconds.
--

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable."