[fetchmail]Re: wildcard aliasing

2002-01-02 08:05:35
Damien writes:

Fetchmail has this as a feature it's called multidrop mode in a .frechmailrc write
it is meant to be *, this wild card copies the mail to your smtp server without
doing any header altering to user names.
well that's how I have interpreted the FAQ's
I have set-up a site which gets the mail in the same way your after. and I did it as listed above.
There is slightly more to it that this in certain cases. The problem is that the POP3 mailbox throws away information from the SMTP envelope - and in particular, the actual email address of the recipient; mailing lists and BCC messages won't usually have these in any of the message headers. Fortunately, most ISPs that do this single mailbox stuff know about this problem and allow you to recover the recipient's actual email address, either by adding it to a header in the message, or with a special command. You sometimes need to tell fetchmail exactly how to recognise this information - though the default setting is pretty good in many cases.

--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (home)