Re: [fetchmail]Cannot connect to smtp - no access.db

2002-01-21 00:33:39
From: Antoine Maartens <antoinem(_at_)knoware(_dot_)nl>

My fetchmail log tells me:

    fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
    fetchmail: can't raise the listener; falling back to
/usr/bin/procmail -d %
    Tfetchmail: about to deliver with: /usr/bin/procmail -d antoinem

This is surprising as smtp is up and running:
    [root(_at_)amsterdam root]# telnet amsterdam 25
    Trying 192.168.27.200...
    Connected to amsterdam.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 amsterdam.a1informatisering.nl ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6/8.11.6;
Wed, 16    Jan 2002 10:25:42 GMT

But if you try "telnet localhost 25" do you get a response? Looks like sendmail isn't listening on the loopback interface.

Procmail seems to deliver my mail. This is very kind but undesired as I
want to be able to block spam using sendmail's access.db.

Question:
How do I stop procmail from interfering

It's now a configure option for recent versions, try "configure --help".

Is this the right way to activating the access.db feature of sendmail
through fetchmail?

Might want to read up on access.db, it does depend on how you're trying to use it (ie what entries you have).

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: