[fetchmail]fetchmail help

2002-01-25 00:18:33
Greetings All,

I'm new here, as well as to Linux, so
please bear with me if I say something stupid.

I've read the FAQs, and didn't see an answer to my problem.
If it *is* in there, just point it out to me, please.

Basically, I'm running fetchmail as a daemon,
using it to check a number of accounts.

I've listed them in succession in the .fetchmailrc
that resides in /root/, in the following format -

poll MAIL_SERVER
    user 'username'
    pass 'password'
    is 'local user'
    keep
    no fetchall

and repeated a *number* of times to list all accounts.

The problem comes from the fact that I have separated all the
entries with # delimiters to help separate them for the purpose of editing.

#
#USER1
poll MAIL_SERVER
    user 'username'
    pass 'password'
    is 'local user'
    keep
    no fetchall
#USER1
#
#USER2
poll MAIL_SERVER
    user 'username'
    pass 'password'
    is 'local user'
    keep
    no fetchall
#USER2
#
#

and so on...

The problem is that fetchmail doesn't seem to
like this, or recognize that the #s are delimiters.

I get parse errors with or without the "USER1" entries.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Weyland