Re: [fetchmail]Getting feedback in daemon mode

2002-02-13 00:03:50
[ Please, keep traffic on the list and read my .SIG ]

From: Antonino Sabetta <as(_at_)antoninosabetta(_dot_)com>

Ok, maybe I need to explain a bit better what I would like to do:
If I run fetchmail in non-daemon mode by means of a simple shell
script, i could easily check its return status to know if it
found new mail or not. This return status is uncheckable when
in daemon mode since, of course, fetchmail doesn't return at all.
I was looking for an option to run a program upon connection
(every connection, regardless the number of new messages found):
if it existed I could simply check the differences of the current
logfile (generated some way) against an older version.

Have you read the man pages? The option postconnect sounds like what you're after...

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: