[fetchmail]"Message delimiter found while scanning headers" Error

2002-03-05 09:24:08
Im having some trouble with fetchmail 5.9.7, i get a
"fetchmail: message delimiter found while scanning headers"
and after that i get a "client/server protocol error" because the
pop server keeps sending mail data after fetchmail thinks it should have
finished, or i get "message was not the expected length (xxx actual !=3D
yyyy expected)" when it tries to send the message to my local smpt
server (exim). In the last case however i get the mail, but it has
an empty body and no subject.

Using a previous version of fetchmail (sorry i cant remeber exactly
which one it was, i think 5.9.1), the messages got downloaded but they
had blank lines in the middle of some of the headers, and my mail
clients got the subject or from address wrong for that reason (i tried
MANY differents clients, pine, mutt, sylpheed, evolution...).

I tried many configurations to try to solve the problem, because at
first i didnt know where it was happening since fetchmail accepted the
mails anyway.

The weird thing is that the mails are ok in the pop server (no blank
lines), and if my mail clients read the messages directly from
it there are no troubles.

I tried switching mda, first i used sendmail, then i switched to exim,
but the problem is still there. I doubt theres a problem with the pop
server, so i can only guess the trouble is with fetchmail or that im
doing something extremely wrong.

This is my current config:
This is fetchmail release 5.9.7
Linux abyss 2.4.18-pre3 #2 mi=E9 feb 13 00:46:50 UYT 2002 i686 unknown
Taking options from command line and /home/glabrezu/.fetchmailrc
Idfile is /home/glabrezu/.fetchids
Fetchmail will forward misaddressed multidrop messages to glabrezu.
Options for retrieving from myaccount(_at_)server(_dot_)com
  True name of server is server.com.
  Protocol is POP3.
  All available authentication methods will be tried.
  Server nonresponse timeout is 300 seconds (default).
  Default mailbox selected.
  Only new messages will be retrieved (--all off).
  Fetched messages will not be kept on the server (--keep off).
  Old messages will not be flushed before message retrieval (--flush
off).
  Rewrite of server-local addresses is disabled (--norewrite on).
  Carriage-return stripping is disabled (stripcr off).
  Carriage-return forcing is disabled (forcecr off).
  Interpretation of Content-Transfer-Encoding is enabled (pass8bits
off).
  MIME decoding is disabled (mimedecode off).
  Idle after poll is disabled (idle off).
  Nonempty Status lines will be kept (dropstatus off)
  Delivered-To lines will be kept (dropdelivered off)
  Messages will be SMTP-foRecognized listener spam block responses are:
571 550 501 554
  Single-drop mode: 1 local name(s) recognized.
  No UIDs saved from this host.
rwarded to: localhost (default)

I tried a lot of differents configurations at no avail. Also, before
someone says something like "but that kernel is too untested!" i have
the same problem since 2.4.7 i think.

Well, thanks a lot for the help!!
Santiago.