[fetchmail]"set postmaster <user>" problem

2002-03-04 02:57:44

Dear Sir,

I've installed and configured fetchmail in my internal mail server.

I'm having two linux servers.

In both I've installed fetchmail.

In one linux server I've installed "fetchmail 5.5.0" and in another "fetchmail
5.7.4"

In the second one (fetchmail 5.7.4) the unresolved users are not sending to the
postmaster.
But the same configuration in the first one (fetchmail 5.5.0) all the
unresolved users are redirected to postmaster.

If U want the configuration pls check below.
If U provide a solution asap Itll be very useful.

Configurations ( For both In the fetchmail 5.5.0 and fetchmail 5.7.4  - only
the username and password differs )

defaults
        no keep
        fetchall
        set no bouncemail
        set postmaster foo

# Use this for production
poll mail.foo.com aka foo.co.in foo.com protocol POP3 no dns:
        timeout 500
        localdomains localhost
        envelope 1 Delivered-To:
        user foo with password foopasswd is * here

The above configuration is made in both the servers. The software fetchmail
5.5.0 presented server is distributing the unresolved users to postmaster. But
the software fetchmail 5.7.4 presented server is not distributing the
unresolved users to postmaster.
Is There any configurations should be changed or else pls reply me soon.

Thanks and Regards
(expecting reply soon),
Karthikeyan V