Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail and email clients

2002-03-13 07:09:25
From: Sunil Shetye <shetye(_at_)bombay(_dot_)retortsoft(_dot_)com>

One common problem when a mailbox is accessed through both fetchmail
(with keep option) and an email client is that when a mail which has
been viewed through the email client does not get downloaded.

A good example of why you shouldn't manage a single mailbox from multiple locations if you can avoid it.

I'd suggest that changing fetchmail to "solve" this is probably the wrong way of solving the problem. Surely it's better to have the mail client point to the mailbox that fetchmail delivers to? Otherwise you might find that the overloading of the flags leads to other unpredicted problems.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: