RE: [fetchmail]Error 2 and 7

2002-03-14 22:31:03
what are the fetching option you are using ?
under which protocol ?

Let me remind you that under POP3 the delete occurs only after the quit has
been sent.
The 2 errors trace that you have are connection or dialogue problems with
your email server.

Gilles.

-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of
Bob Rankin
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 9:28 PM
To: fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
Subject: [fetchmail]Error 2 and 7

I've been running fetchmail for a couple years without a hitch.
But lately
I have been seeing a lot of duplicate emails in my inbox.  A check of my
fetchmail errata shows a bunch of these:

   fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching
   fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)

   fetchmail: socket error while fetching
   fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

Can anyone give me a clue as to how I might track down why this is
happening?

-- Bob Rankin