RE: [fetchmail]Microsoft Exchange doesn't say AUTH=NTLM

2002-03-15 18:58:29

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Edwards
To: Hatton Steven
Cc: 'fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org'
Sent: 3/15/2002 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail]Microsoft Exchange doesn't say AUTH=NTLM

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 08:05:11PM -0500, Hatton Steven wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting to Microsoft Exchange version
5.5.2653.23.  On thing I noticed is Exchange is not sending an
AUTH=NTLM string to me.  Or so i see in the dialog.  Is anybody
familiar with this issue?

Apparently the server isn't configured to require NTLM
authentication.  Were you expecting it to be?

P.S.  Don't word-wrap the log messages...

--
Grant Edwards
grante(_at_)visi(_dot_)com

Sorry about the word-wrap, I'm out of my home turf with the Fine MS Exchange
web interface. That is why I'm trying to get fetchmail working.  I've tried
what I thought would work from several different angles, and still no luck.
Suppose I have a user name with a space in it, is there anything special I
need to do?  Should I expect to be able to talk to this IMAP service on
exchange without having to do anything special?  I attempted to use mozilla
as well as fetchmail, and no luck there either.  When I ask fetchmail to
autodetect the protocol, it tells me there are not servers running.  This is
obviously not the case since I'm getting the dialog trace.

--
Steven