[fetchmail]IMAP recursive retrieval problems

2002-03-22 05:46:26
Hi,
 I have read that fetchmail is supporting recursive retrieval from IMAP,
but I have not been able to get it to work. If somebody can tell me what
I am doing wrong, I would be very thankful. I have read all of the
documentation on the fetchmail web site, the man page, and searched
google to no avail.

 Here is my configuration and a double verbose log, with hostname and
username changed for privacy reasons. If you are going to tell me that
you can not help me because I have changed my username and hostname,
don't bother. I simply do not want to hear that type of nonsense.

 BTW, notice the 'folder' lines below. I have tried without 'folder',
and with both variations listed, only to get the same results. It
cleans out my inbox but does not do recursive folder retrieval. The
reason for 'INBOX.' is that Courier IMAP uses the dot character for
folder delimiters, for example 'INBOX.lists.fetchmail-friends'.

--

### .fetchmailrc

### how to talk to the IMAP server
poll    imap.foo.org
        proto imap
        user "user"
        password "password"
        no rewrite
#       folder "INBOX"
#       folder "INBOX."
        fetchall
        is mjj here

---------
$ fetchmail -v -v
fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying imap.foo.org (protocol IMAP) at Fri 22 Mar 2002
01:50:53 PM EET
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision,
Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT
fetchmail: IMAP< A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed
fetchmail: Protocol identified as IMAP4 rev 1
fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 LOGIN "user" "*"
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 OK LOGIN Ok.
fetchmail: selecting or re-polling default folder
fetchmail: IMAP> A0003 SELECT "INBOX"
fetchmail: IMAP< * FLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted
\Seen)] Limited
fetchmail: IMAP< * 0 EXISTS
fetchmail: IMAP< * 0 RECENT
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [UIDVALIDITY 976283244] Ok
fetchmail: IMAP< A0003 OK [READ-WRITE] Ok
fetchmail: 0 messages waiting after first poll
fetchmail: No mail for user at imap.foo.org
fetchmail: IMAP> A0004 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
fetchmail: IMAP< A0004 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: not swapping UID lists, no UIDs seen this query
fetchmail: Query status=1 (NOMAIL)
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.