Re: [fetchmail]What's the expected behavior upon auth fail in daemon mode?

2002-03-27 08:44:36
From: Bjorn Wiren <etxbwir(_at_)cbe(_dot_)ericsson(_dot_)se>

[ You might want to consider putting the entire question in the body, it makes much more sense that way ]

]What's the expected behavior upon auth fail in daemon mode?

A warning mail, then the daemon quitting, from what I remember when I
first started using fetchmail.

Only now I've found it doesn't - it just silently keeps on
trying. Since I couldn't find anything about this in the documentation,
I begin to mistrust my memory (happens more and more ..).

Some time back the default was changed, so that you didn't get a DoS on your email when one server died.

If you check the list archives and/or the changelog you should find the details of exactly when. It does now log the details to syslog, IMHO a better solution.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: