[fetchmail]Re: fetchmail possible bug

2002-04-01 01:09:58
Maxim Krikuha <maxim(_at_)inmarket(_dot_)ru>:
Hello there.

I found problem when using fetchmail
with qmail server.

There is one mailbox for all users in the
domain on the qmail server #1. And there
is other qmail server #2 with the same domain
and real mailboxes for every user.
I want server #2 to fetch all mail from
mailbox on server #1 and deliver it into
his mailboxes.

To envelope the original recipient of the
message I use envelope 1 "Delivered-To".
Then I wrote dropdelivered to remove
all Delivered-To headers. Otherwise
qmail #2 thinks that there is a message loop.
But that is phisically other server
and things really go right way.

I belived that everything should work fine.
But seems like fethcmail throws away
Delivered-To headers BEFORE it uses
them to envelope addresses.
So, all messages arrive to postmaster not
to original recipient.

Is there a way to fix a problem?
Or may be you can tell me how to edit
sources of fetchmail?

Try using the option `envelope "Delivered-To"'