[fetchmail]Distinct destinations to messages fetched with fetchmail from different mail servers

2002-04-06 05:56:22
Hello.

I am happy using fetchmail to fetch my mail messages from my ISP provider
POP3 server. When received in my local mail box, these messages passes
through procmail, which put them in defferent mail folders according
to some criteria I have established in the procmail recipe file.

Now I need to fetch mail messages also from a new server (my university).
These mail should not be classified by my procmail recipe as are the
ones from the ISP provider. Instead they should go directly to a
specific mail folder.

How can I configure my Red Hat Linux 7.2 system to cope with this
situation? My current .fetchmailrc file is attached.

Certainly the adition of a rule for the new server is not enough.
May I have to put some new (unique) mark in the header of the messages
from the new server and add a rule in my procmail recipe to
identify such messages, remove the added mark and save it to
the mail folder it belongs to. Is this doable with
fetchmail? If yes, how? Maybe this is the ideal solution, as
later I may decide to do more sofisticated filtering with
the messages with procmail.

Another solution would be to not pass through procmail and
save the messages from the new server directly to their
mail folder. Is this doable? If yes how?

Regards.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias               Departamento de Computação
http://iceb.ufop.br/~romildo       Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto