[fetchmail]SSL problem

2002-04-19 09:01:32
Hello,

I am using Redhat 7.2 and have the following problem with Fetchmail 5.9.11
(and 5.9.10):

I compiled fetchmail wih SSL-Support (openssl 0.9.6b-18 (installed via
Redhat RPM)), and when it fetches mails from my GMX-account (via SSL), it
works fine. But when it tries to fetch mails from my university account,
which can only be accessed via SSL, I get the following error message via
'fetchmail -v -v':

POP3< +OK Communicate Pro POP3 Server 3.4.7 ready
POP3> CAPA
POP3< +OK capability list follows
POP3< SASL LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
POP3< TOP
POP3< USER
POP3< PIPELINING
POP3< UIDL
POP3< LAST
POP3< STLS
POP3< IMPLEMENTATION Communicate Pro
POP3< .
POP3> STLS
POP3< -ERR already secured
already secured
16157:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_clnt.c:460:
SSL connection failed
Authorization failure
POP3> QUIT

Surprisingly, with fetchmail 5.9.8 it works just fine.

I recompiled fetchmail several times, but the problem persists.

Now my question is:
Do you have an idea what could be causing this ?

Thank you in advance.

With best regards,
    Patrique Wolfrum