Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail woes

2002-04-22 03:33:13
From: Shantanu <shantanu(_at_)gate(_dot_)polarhome(_dot_)com>

Hi all,
On a Linux box I have fetchmail 5.6.0.
I want fetchmail to query my remote server every 2 mins [say] . So I wrote
my .fetchmailrc script like this,
poll myremoteserver.com proto pop3 nodns
user shantanu with passowrd password is shantanu here
forcecr to * here
no keep
set daemon 100

On my local machine I have qmail-1.03 working.
Now it should get all the mails from my local box and deliver them to
shantanu at my box.
We also have an account where all the invalid email address are gone. e.g
if a mail is sent to shantanuu it is immediately send to an account called
default.
Now my problem is that when I run fetchmail the mails are delivered to the
default user instead. I can get normal mails, so i know that my account
works fine and I have only one line in my .qmail file

Take a look at your mail logs, they should tell you what's happening. As should any headers that fetchmail inserts.

It sounds like the user(s) or domain(s) in question aren't being recognised by your qmail setup. Not knowing anything about qmail I can't suggest where to start looking...

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: