Re: [fetchmail]Joint mail accounts

2002-04-22 14:07:57
* Andy Cedilnik <andy(_dot_)cedilnik(_at_)kitware(_dot_)com>, 22/04/2002, 16:39

[...]
The problem is that I don't know how to persuade fetchmail to only
retrieve new mail. Currently it is set as:
[...]
If I set fetchall, then I will every time retrieve all messages and so
flood my mailbox.

Coworkers use Eudora e-mail client on some third-grade OS, and it does
the "right" thing by default. How can I make fetchmail to do the "right"
thing?

Sounds like you want "uidl". From 'man fetchmail':

 -U, --uidl
   (Keyword: uidl) Force UIDL use (effective only with POP3).  Force
   client-side  tracking  of  `newness'  of  messages (UIDL stands for
   ``unique ID listing'' and is described in RFC1725).  Use with `keep'
   to use a mailbox as a baby news drop for a group of users.

HTH,
Thomas
--
- Thomas "ZlatkO" Zajic   <zlatko(_at_)gmx(_dot_)at>    Linux-2.4.18 &