[fetchmail]Fetchmail/Gettext compilation bug

2002-04-09 12:00:31
Hola!

In the process of attempting to compile fetchmail under Solaris 8 Intel,
I've run into something that's either a bug in the code, or a bug in
the documentation.

According to the documentation, if your version of gettext is old or
bad, you should be able to compile using --with-included-gettext. It
seems that the Solaris gettext neither works with, nor is recognized
as an error condition by the software.

It would be helpful if it was clearly documented that GNU gettext is a
requirement - or if error checking was added to handle the Solaris version
of gettext.

After downloading and installing the latest version of GNU gettext,
fetchmail compiled and installed correctly.

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."