Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail refuses to deliver occasional junk mail messsages

2002-04-26 01:52:37
From: Chris Green <cgreen(_at_)x-1(_dot_)net>

Every so often I get a piece of junk mail which gets permanently stuck
on the POP3 server because fetchamil refuses to collect it, it
produces error messages as follows:-

    reading message 2 of 3 (1260 octets)
    fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<postmaster(_at_)uk> SIZE=1260
    fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.1.0 <postmaster(_at_)uk>... Sender ok
    fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<chris(_at_)localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 501 5.1.8 <chris(_at_)localhost>... Domain of sender address
postmaster(_at_)uk does not exist

Your SMTP server is rejecting the email because the domain isn't valid. If you're feeling brave, set 501 as a spam indicator (in which case all email from invalid domains will be deleted).

Alternatively, tell your mail server to accept domains that don't resolve.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: