Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail dies silently in daemon mode on HP-UX 10.20

2002-05-02 16:27:20
Yury Burkatovsky <tby(_at_)telrad(_dot_)co(_dot_)il> writes:

First of all, fetchmail-5.9.10 disappears in daemon mode without dumping a
core or logging a record in the log file. The same refers to the latest
version, fetchmail-5.9.11. The only remnant of running the daemon is a
stale .fetchmail.pid file.

I've also seen this happen, and I believe it occasionally happens when
the .fetchmailrc file has changed, but I've not been able to track this
down.

Maybe "supervise" from Dan J. Bernstein's daemontools package is an
option to work around the problem.