[fetchmail]Question about fetchmail

2002-05-30 16:42:04
Hello,

I hope this is still a valid address; my versions of fetchmail is
probably far from the most current.

PC% fetchmail -V
This is fetchmail release 5.2.0+POP2+RPA+SDPS
FreeBSD quail.my.home 3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #0: Mon Apr 8 18:15:30
MDT 2002
crs(_at_)quail(_dot_)home:/usr/src/sys/compile/KERNEL.CRS  i386

My question is this:  Does fetchmail (this or a more recent
version) allow one to divert incoming e-mail according to the
sender?

For example:  Say I belong to a mailing list.  Suppose that I
create a fake login for myself (e.g. crsx instead of my normal
crs).  Is there any way that e-mail could be directed to crsx
instead of crs so that my normal mailbox only receives my normal
e-mail and that of crsx receives that from the mailing list?

If this possibility does not exist, is there any possibilty that it
could?

Thank you very much for any information you can provide.

Kind regards,

Charlie Sorsby
        crs(_at_)swcp(_dot_)com
        Edgewood, NM  USA