Re: [fetchmail]use fetchmail to deliver mail to local sendmail

2002-06-05 09:01:23
From: pilsl(_at_)goldfisch(_dot_)at

hallo,

I've a bunch of pop3-accounts for several users at my isp. While we
are migrating to our own mailserver I want to query all this accounts
by fetchmail (running on the new internal mailserver) and just have
this mails delivered to my local sendmail.

that means: If a mail was sent to "john(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com" which is still
handled by my ISP I want to fetch it with fetchmail and have it
straigt fed to local sendmail, which will then resolve what to do with
mails to "john(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com".

But whatever I try, fetchmail will always deliver to local sendmail
and tell sendmail to deliver to the adress of the user that actually
calls sendmail.

realworld-example:
 the mail ends up in roots mailbox, cause root calls the
fetchmailscript and the headers look like:

command:

poll mx.inode.at protocol pop3 username "xxxxxx" password "xxxxxxxx" smtphost localhost

Try looking at the multidrop section (ie append "to * here"), that might solve your problem.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: