[fetchmail]Re: Fetchmail Failed

2002-06-20 00:44:46
Michael Agbaglo stated the following:

do you have a dial-up line, so that fetchmail can't resolve the name
of mailserver because your isp's dns can't be reached ?

Yes I have a dial-up line.  There isn't anything I haven't been able
to retrieve (ftp, smtp, pop3, domain, http, etc.) from my ISP.

SoloCDM wrote:

I haven't had any problems with Fetchmail until recently,
with an upgrade to version 5.9.11.  When I executed
/etc/rc.d/init.d/fetchmail start, the following occurred:

At the command line:

Starting Fetchmail services: fetchmail: no mailservers have been
specified

In /var/log/messages:

fetchmail: fetchmail: no mailservers have been specified. fetchmail
fetchmail: startup failed

How can this be fixed?  Strangely enough, Fetchmail is able to
download with the error.

Signed,
SoloCDM