Re: [fetchmail] about that fetchmail imap message count vulnerability and alloca()

2002-07-06 16:04:32
On Sat, 06 Jul 2002, Andreas Hasenack wrote:

Em Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:13:20AM +0200, Matthias Andree escreveu:
I wrote: Linux always overcommits. Which of the three words is
unintelligible?

Don't believe it? Try "swapoff -av" and then allocating as much memory
as you have in one malloc chunk. What do you expect? NULL. Right. What
do you get? NULL or some address?

Sorry, I get NULL if I change alloca() for malloc() in the same sample
program.

Which kernel and glibc versions do you run? Last time I checked, I only
got NULL from malloc() as I actually used the allocated memory.