[fetchmail] Strange request

2002-07-15 12:14:22

Hello all,

I'm new to the list so hopefully this hasn't been asked before.

I would like to delete all messages from a POP3 server WITHOUT downloading/reading them.

Here's my scenario, I have a usa.net account which allows automatic email forwarding. It also allows me to save a copy of the message locally (on the usa.net server) but I don't want that message in the inbox forever. I just want a copy of the email in my trash for roughly a week until it falls off the end of the queue.

I know I could download all the messages to /dev/null but that would be a waste of time/bandwidth even on cable.

Thanks,
Kurt