Re: [fetchmail] starting fetchmail from ppp.linkup on FreeBSD 4.6

2002-08-02 02:41:16
From: Paulo Roberto <nirv199(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>

I am having some trouble trying to run fetchmail in daemon mode, being
started from /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup in FreeBSD 4.6.
At the /var/log/ppp.log I get:
ppp[56]: tun0: Command: papchap: ! sh /usr/local/bin/fetchmail -v -f
/root/.fetchmailrc >> /tmp/FETCHMAIL.LOG
But no mail is retrieved (yup, I sent myself dozens of emails to test
it) and even no output is directed to my test file.
Does fetchmail needs any special parameter to be run at ppp.linkup?

What's in /root/.fetchmailrc?

Does ppp.linkup run as root?

Finally, does the ! indicate that it didn't run the script or what?

         Please DO NOT send me list related traffic directly.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?