[fetchmail] Re: Downloading Large -- Removing Small

2002-08-05 12:42:59
Alexander Skwar stated the following:

So sprach SoloCDM am 2002-08-04 um 07:48:58 -0600 :

Is the following legitimate?

Yes.

fetchmail -a -b 250 -B 250 -e 50

If not, please explain to me the difference between batchlimit and
fetchlimit.

So it doesn't make sense to set fetchlimit and batchlimit to the same
numbers, because the connection to the MTA will be terminated as soon
as the fetchlimit is reached.  This further means, that the batchlimit
should always be smaller than the fetchlimit, if you want to specify
both.

Would it make more sense if I did the following?

fetchmail -a -b 50 -B 250 -e 50

I came to this conclusion knowing it expunges every 50, so batchlimit
can "build up a new connection" for every 50 messages.

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list and/or newsgroup address and my email address in To:

Signed,
SoloCDM