[fetchmail] a few newbie queries

2002-09-02 23:28:09
Hi All,
I'm new to this list so pls correct me if I've violated any etiquettes.

I've a few queries ...
1) What exactly "no dns" option does in multidrop mode. Because if I keep it
on then I get lots of  nameserver errors like "could not resolve
****(_at_)****(_dot_)***" etc. The addresses in the errors are almost always
the same.
Saying "no dns" in the .fetchmailrc file (!) removes these errors but will
it affect fetching and local forwarding of mail?
2) Sometimes fetchmail just keeps on polling (Even after specifying a
timeout of 60secs).

Sorry for a little long mail ...

Thanks in advance for answers
ajit