Re: [fetchmail] hello

2002-09-05 09:39:46

Hello,

Rob thanks for the help. Everything is now set. I had to add an alias to sendmail for vze...works fine now. Once again thanks for your help.

Gus

From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] hello
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 06:04:02 +0000

From: "Sugar King" <sugarking666(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>

Hello,

I'm a new fetchmail user and I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to use fetchmail to get mail from my POP account and relay it to pine. Well, when someone emails me I get an email back from FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)hostname(_dot_)domain saying:

Some addresses were rejected by the MDA fetchmail forwards to.

This is your clue - the problem has nothing to do with fetchmail but with your mail server.

   [ Part 2: "Delivery Status" ]

Reporting-MTA: dns; localhost

Final-Recipient: rfc822; vze3sjs2
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 21:43:22 -0400 (EDT)
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: vze3sjs2: 550 5.1.1 <vze3sjs2(_at_)localhost>... User unknown

vze3sjs2 is my pop name account. I've tried looking for this in the fetchmail docs but I've come up unsuccessful. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You've 2 options, the first is to tell your mail server that vze3sjs2 is an alias for whatever account you want it delivered to. The second is to tell fetchmail what account to deliver to:

   poll pop.isp.net user vse3sjs2 password fred is king here

You'll also need to make sure that your mail server understands that "localhost" is a domain it handles.

If you want more help do please remember to provide such details as version of fetchmail and mail server software in use (and version). A copy of your .fetchmailrc wouldn't hurt either.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?