[fetchmail] kerberos help

2002-09-17 10:28:45
Hello:

I have been trying to get kerberos to work with a KPOP server.
I have recompiled fetchmail various times.
Most recently, I used the following:
  ./compile --with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos/  --with-kerberos5=/usr/kerberos/

I have the following lines in my fetchmailrc:
 poll postoffice4.mail.cornell.edu
  proto KPOP  auth kerberos_v4 user bct5 fetchall

This is the latest error I get in the fetchmail.log

fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying postoffice4.mail.cornell.edu (protocol auto) at Tue
17 Sep 2002 01:20:33 PM EDT
fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying postoffice4.mail.cornell.edu (protocol IMAP) at Tue
17 Sep 2002 01:20:33 PM EDT
fetchmail: krb_mq_req: Incorrect network address (krb_rd_req)

   ---------

Before that, using a different compilation (is that the correct term?) which I
am not sure what it was, I was getting this error message:

fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying postoffice4.mail.cornell.edu (protocol POP3) at Tue
17 Sep 2002 11:33:22 AM EDT
fetchmail: Kerberos V4 support not linked.
fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)

  which is why I decided to try recompiling again.

SO, I'm not sure if the error is with Fetchmail, or with my kerberos
installation,
or with the mail server, or what.

Can somebody help?

Thanks.