Re: [fetchmail] cron - redirecting output to /dev/null

2002-10-08 10:46:28
Quoting from Paul Mylchreest's mail on Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:26:42PM -0400:
Because fetchmail seems to crash sometimes when running in daemon mode,
I decided to run it periodically using cron. This is my entry in the
user's crontab:

0-59/5  *       *       *       *       /usr/local/bin/fetchmail 2>&1
/dev/null

I think your syntax is wrong. ">/dev/null" should occur before "2>&1".

Anyway, I think you should first try running fetchmail 6.1.0 in daemon
mode now as a few bugs relating to this have been fixed recently.

Sunil Shetye.