Re: [fetchmail] Cygwin fetchmail 6.0.0 build problem due to gettext issue

2002-10-18 04:14:43
Jason Tishler <jason(_at_)tishler(_dot_)net>:
fetchmail 6.0.0 (and 5.9.14) does not build cleanly under Cygwin:

and possibly other platforms where gettext is in libintl instead of
libc.

The crux of the problem seems to be that fetchmail's aclocal.m4 was
regenerated (between 5.9.13 and 5.9.14) against a version of gettext
that has a buggy "GNU gettext in libintl" check.

If I'm correct, could the next fetchmail release be built against a
version of gettext without the above problem?

I'll take a fix patch, if you know what change in gettext needs to be made.