[fetchmail] fetchmailconf parser bug ?

2002-10-08 22:49:49
hello !

I am having troubles, trying to configure my fetchmail with
fetchmailconf:

"
# fetchmailconf
Can't read configuration output of fetchmail --configdump.
"

the fun is that my .fetchmailrc was created by fetchmailconf and wasn't
even touched by hand (nor with 'touch' itself ;) )

here it is :
"
# Configuration created Wed Oct  9 08:57:55 2002 by fetchmailconf
set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set postmaster "big"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
set daemon 900
poll pop.softhome.net with proto POP3 interval 1 and options no dns uidl
    localdomains localhost base1
     monitor ppp0
    user 'bc' there with password 'zeludx' is 'big' here options
pass8bits    user 'bc.mail' there with password '***' is 'big' here
options pass8bits

poll nwgsm.ru with proto POP3 interval 2 and options no dns uidl
     monitor ppp0
    user 'b.c' there with password '***' is 'big' here options
pass8bits

poll pop3.web.de with proto POP3 interval 4 and options no dns uidl
     monitor ppp0
    user 'bc.mail' there with password '***' is 'big' here options
pass8bits

poll mail.netman.ru with proto POP3 interval 4 and options no dns uidl
     monitor ppp0
    user 'taras(_at_)prokuratura(_dot_)ru' there with password '***' is 'big'
here options pass8bits
"

fetchmail itself doesn't complain about config options and parses it
well (checked with --config clue )
both fetchmail* are ver 6.1/Debian

it seems like I grabbed a bug !
I suppose it is in "monitor ppp0" line
it seems for me that fetchmailconf expects monitor and interface lines
to have the same format...

another issue with fetchmailconf is a feature request
it would be nice to specify a config to use at commandline like
fetchmailconf /etc/fetchmailrc
thus we could use fetchmailconf to configure system-wide daemon

thank you for your time

and good luck !

Taras