[fetchmail] i'm sweating a problem with fetchmail choking on invalid messages

2002-10-24 07:47:05

I read throught the archives and found the thread below...

I'm using fetchmail 5.6 and had this problem yesterday..

my ISP informed me that qmail on their server does no checking of
messages for validity and just dumps them into my pop box.
I'm using fetchmail like this...

set postmaster "postmaster"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
set daemon 60
poll mailserver.here.com with proto IMAP
        user 'brad' there with password 'xxxx' is 'bwlang' here options
fetchall

I can manually delete the message by telnetting to port 110
why can't fetchmail do the same?
is this only a problem with a qmail server?

brad

    Ian Young  iyoung(_at_)one(_dot_)net
    Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:23:16 -0500

    Ideally, there'd be an option to delete the message on the nth
    try, replacing the body text with the error (since otherwise, I get
    a copy of the message, with no body, delivered to my local MTA,
    over and over and over)

    I'd rather delete malformed mail than get endless copies
    of it.