Re: [fetchmail] i'm sweating a problem with fetchmail choking on invalid messages

2002-11-03 07:32:02
"Bradley W. Langhorst" <brad(_at_)langhorst(_dot_)com> writes:

I read throught the archives and found the thread below...

I'm using fetchmail 5.6 and had this problem yesterday..

5.6 is irrelevant. Try 6.1.2, if the problem persists, someone might care.

my ISP informed me that qmail on their server does no checking of
messages for validity and just dumps them into my pop box.

qmail problem.

poll mailserver.here.com with proto IMAP
        user 'brad' there with password 'xxxx' is 'bwlang' here options
fetchall

I can manually delete the message by telnetting to port 110
why can't fetchmail do the same?
is this only a problem with a qmail server?

port 110 is POP3, not IMAP. Switching to POP3 + UIDL and removing the
fetchall keyword might help.

rest of top-post ignored. Format properly if you want me to read the
whole thing.