[fetchmail] Re: It Fetches, But Won't Expunge

2002-11-07 04:00:48
SoloCDM writes:
Jakob Hirsch stated the following:

SoloCDM wrote:
>> Post the last few lines here again. If you see anywhere besides
>> the the last line of the msg a single dot, the problem is your
>> provider.
> I tried the telnet command.  I was able to see the message with the
> dot on the last line and delete the message.  Does this mean the
> problem is in my mail system?
No. Reread the last two lines of your quote. Without this, I'm not
able to help you.

I didn't know what quote you were referring to, so I included my
fetchmail and telnet output.
The question is "Is there a single dot on a line on its own anywhere in the message, except for on the last line?" The one on its own on the last line is normal and expected. Any that are anywhere else in the message will be a problem. They break the specifications, and your server needs to be fixed to prevent them from appearing. The specification was written the way it was for a good reason.
--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (home)