Re: [fetchmail] logout after idle delivery

2002-11-19 13:46:26
On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:00:12AM +0530, Sunil Shetye wrote:
Quoting from Gordon Tetlow's mail on Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:54:59AM -0800:
I have fetchmail configured for a single site and I want to idle on my
server as much as possible. However, when I piece of mail gets delivered
to my mailbox, the idle connection sees the EXISTS message, sends a DONE,
FETCH's the mail and then a LOGOUT. What I'd like to be able to do is to
switch back to IDLE. Is there some easy way to do this that I'm missing?
I can post a trace if needed.

First, upgrade fetchmail to 6.1.2, if you haven't done so already.

Send the output of 'fetchmail -v'. Only the IMAP transaction part is
required.

Attached is the trace. Let me know if you need anything else. Basically
after the FETCH/EXPUNGE, it then logs out when I think it would be better
if it decided to go back to idle (esp if this is the only site that I
want mail from).

-gordon