Re: [fetchmail] Re: Fetchmail doesn't fetch

2002-12-09 23:59:56
From: Sam Rosenfeld <sam(_at_)wdn(_dot_)com>
Sam Rosenfeld's response to Rob begins here.

> .fetchmailrc == poll wdn.com
>            proto AUTO
>            user sam
>            password "password"
>            is sam
>            keep

Short simple and to the point, don't see anything wrong here.

> fetchmail version == 5.9.11+NTLM+SDPS+NLS

That's rather old, I'd suggest trying the latest version and seeing if that solves your problem.

> results of fetchmail -v -v
>
> fetchmail: 5.9.11 querying wdn.com (protocol auto) at Mon Dec 9 13:00:56 2002: poll started
<---SNIP--->
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 1666 EXISTS

Ok, 1666 emails is a lot to keep in a mailbox. Having said that I've used the latest fetchmail against POP mailboxes with some 3000 emails in them without problems.

<----SNIP---->
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 903 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 2786)
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 904 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 4089)
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 905 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 2934)
> fetchmail: terminated with signal 2
> fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.

A couple of things spring to mind. The first is to check that you're running a local SMTP server that fetchmail can talk to. The second is to try the limiting options to force fetchmail to download no more than, say, 500 emails per poll.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?