[fetchmail] How to copy mail from one server to multiple client users

2002-12-18 14:59:36
Newbie here, trying to connect the mail dots...

My wife and I share a single mail account at our ISP. We each have separate
user accounts ('phil' and 'philswife') on our home (linux) PC. When mail is
pulled from the ISP, I want a copy of every item of mail to be sent to both
user 'phil' and user 'philswife'. I want this to happen, regardless of
whether I or my wife is logged in.

I have installed qmail on my PC, with the (perhaps mistaken?) notion that I
could have fetchmail pull mail from the server, route it to qmail via SMTP
on localhost, and have qmail then deliver copies to both user accounts.

Some questions:
1) Is this a sensible way to accomplish my goal?
2) Can fetchmail do this directly, without needing qmail?
3) Should fetchmail run as root?
4) Should I be addressing the qmail folks instead of the fetchmail folks?

Thanks for any help!