[fetchmail] OT: script control of read mail

2003-01-06 19:48:52
I know this is slightly off topic, but I'm hoping that this mail savvy
group can help.

I use fetchmail to filter spam and sort my list subscriptions. Then I
read my mail using Evolution as an imap client. When new mail arrives,
it appears in bold. However, some of the lists are low priority for me,
and I'd like to have the mail from those lists appear to the client as
already read so that they aren't bold-ed.

Where is the "read" flag? In the mail message, or in some database that
the client keeps? If it's in the message (or the mailbox), can I set and
unset the flag using procmail or perl?

TIA,
--
Michael Rensing